Monday, December 3, 2012

Mountain House New Orleans Style Rice with Shrimp and Ham Review




I just tried the Mountain House New Orleans Style Rice with Shrimp and Ham.

I didn't like it.  I won't be ordering this one again.
To me it didn't taste even close to New Orleans style food.
Following the directions exactly the food didn't rehydrate enough.
Allowing 3 extra minutes to soak up more water helped, but still not totally re hydrated.
The shrimp were tiny, similar to shrimp in romaine noodles.
Ham was diced, which is fine, but was a bit bland in my opinion, plus didn't soak in enough water.
Rice came out good.

So this was, for me at least, a rare miss by Mountain House.  I like that they are trying new dishes, but this one not going to be in my food storage supply.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment